POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Memory? : Memory? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  Memory?
From: Steve Horn <horn <dot> 74 @ osu
Date: 8 Aug 1999 01:45:27
Message: <37ad1977@news.povray.org>
I have recently discovered that POV_MALLOC() is just a
container-function for the regular ANSI C function malloc().  Since when
has malloc() been able to access EMS?  In all my other C and C++
compilers, malloc() can only get space off the heap,  i.e. you are
limited to the base 640K.    Is this a Win95 issue? Or a flat-model
memory issue?     I expected to see complicated DPMI interfacing in the
source, and all I found was POV_MALLOC().   My question is: what is this
hidden memory "trick" that I don't know about.  Thanks,

Steve.